Friday, February 2, 2024

Twelve Years on Blogger

Today is the anniversary of the blog. Twelve years ago same day I wrote my very first blog post ever, on February 2nd, 2012. I was randomly going  through some of the old posts recently and the date struck me and stayed with me. I had never before celebrated the anniversary, but here we go. 

It all started where I am now in a way, just another cycle on the spiral; art and transparency and personal life, and art again. It seems that the written word somehow always catches me and finds me, even when I myself have problem finding me. 

It isn't just important to me to create, it's equally if not more important to me to narrate how I go about doing it. Maybe the writer in me gets caught up in the fear of being lost, and so in interferes every now and then.

A lot has happened since that first post, I could fill books if I was to write all about it. This blog as a whole seems to be writing its own story about me though, even the gap years of silence, they too tell their own little story. 

I don't have a plan for the blog, I never sat myself out to write methodically or with a certain goal in mind. It has always been about therapeutically expressing myself through giving me a little and space and a break.  I am grateful I kept it this, most especially since I have discarded many different accounts of mine, platforms, and projects during those years.

I can't imagine where I would be in two years from now, let alone in another 12 years. I suppose I'm just  keen on keeping that venting with words thing, this truly seems to be my my art and passion. 




No comments:

Post a Comment