Thursday, February 2, 2012

An artist, naked.

Sitting in my workshop today, working away on some new jewelry (and struggling), it hit me then and there; I should blog about this! As simple and common as it is, an artist lacking inspiration, I wanted to share it! Those very moments people don't usually know about me, the side that is hidden while every success is being portrayed in every possible way. The insecurity, the lack of confidence, the fear of judgment, the expectations... The pressure of the business: production, sales, image! I might be an entrepreneur of a sort, but I had to remind myself today, that I am an artist first and foremost, and that this is what got me where I am today at the first place.

It is a bliss and such a joy to be able to create, but when you want to make money, it's a totally different story. This is where my business mind usually steps in, and ruin the fun for me. I want to blog, not just to remind myself that I am an artist and a human being who's prone to failure, but also to be a better teacher, for all those who looked up to me for inspiration, for my students... for my daughter.

It is very easy to hide behind an image, but it isn't much fun, not for me, not anymore anyway. This blog is going to be all about real life. I am going to be teaching and giving tips and ideas, while sharing my own learning experience. I will be sharing lots of pictures (love them), useful links, projects and more, and of course me being me, a bit of philosophical psychological metaphysical stuff every now and then.

So follow me in my new blog and let the fun begin! I am so looking forward to sharing more of me with you.






No comments:

Post a Comment